Clerk of Superior Court
Decatur County   Bainbridge, Georgia
Cecilia Willis
    Cecilia Willis


Amber Alert

Passport Information

A passport application can be either picked-up from the Clerk of Court’s office or downloaded from US Dept of State.

Passport Fees may be found here: US Department of State Passport Fees

The application can be filled-out but cannot be SIGNED except in the presence of the Deputy Clerk or another Clerk of Court staff member designated to witness the signature of the applicant.

The status of a passport application can also be checked at the web site listed above.

Please call with any questions you have regarding the application process.  Our goal is to make this process as easy as possible for you.

Further instructions for applying for a passport once the application has been filled out are as follows:

  • Bring unsigned passport application to the Clerk of Court office along with one 2 inch by 2 inch (2″ X 2″) passport photos and a certified copy of applicant’s birth certificate, one with a raised seal on it, driver’s license and payment.
  • The clerk in charge of processing the application will need to make a copy of the applicant’s driver’s license and birth certificate (the original birth certificate/certified copy and the copy made in the office will be sent with your application, your driver’s license will be returned to you and a copy will be sent with your application) and will collect the passport fees.
  • Please note you must bring a money order, personal check or cashiers check for the US Department of State Fees.  Execution fees, payable to the Clerk’s Office, may be paid by cash, credit/debit, personal check, money order or cashiers check.
  • Certified copy of your birth certificate with seal from your State or Counties’ birth registrar. Sorry but hospital birth records will not be accepted, it has to be from the official birth registrar.
  • One passport photo, locally (Bainbridge) these can be purchased at CVS or Walgreens.
  • A completed application. Wait to sign in front of the agent. Bring photo ID such as drivers license. If the child is under the age of 18, both parents must be present along with the child to sign the application. Parents will need to bring their driver’s license as proof of identification.
  • If you are a naturalized citizen, bring your original naturalization papers.
  • If you have an expired passport, bring that with you also. It can be used in lieu of a certified birth certificate. If you have lost it, you may be required to fill out a short statement concerning the lost passport.
  • If your passport/passport card is expired and you still have it and it is less than fifteen years old, you can renew by mail. We do not process renewals but have those applications available in the office and will be happy to give you one.
Decatur County Clerk of Court
PO Box 336
Bainbridge, Ga 39818