Clerk of Superior Court
Decatur County Bainbridge, Georgia
The Clerk of Superior Court is responsible for:
- Filing, recording and indexing all documents related to real estate for Decatur County including deeds, plats and cancellations.
- Filing and processing all Uniform Commercial Code (UCC’s), liens on personal property for public notice.
- Filing and processing for service of civil matters including suits of accounts, judgements, liens, fifa’s, divorce cases, adoptions, name changes, child support, change of custody and contempts.
- Filing and processing executed warrants, indictments, accusations and sentences on all felony and misdemeanor cases.
- Processing sentencing packages, post conviction
- Filing and processing all Juvenile cases
Limitations on the Clerk’s Office
- The clerk and deputy clerks would like to help all parties that ask for assistance, however, The clerk and deputy clerks are strictly forbidden to practice law by statute and are restricted in what advice they are allowed to give and assistance in preparing paperwork for civil and/or criminal matters.
Decatur County Clerk of Court
PO Box 336
Bainbridge, Ga 39818