In accordance with the provisions of O.C.G.A. §15-6-11 and O.C.G.A § 15-7-5, the Clerk of Courts of
Decatur County began E-filing on December 24, 2018 which will become mandatory for all
state and superior civil cases via Tyler’s Odyssey eFileGATM on January 1, 2019. Beginning on January 1,
2019, attorneys shall be required to electronically file all pleadings and any other documents to initiate a civil
action or in a civil case in superior or state court. The following cases are exempt from the E-filing
requirement: documents in connection with a pauper’s affidavit, any validation of bonds, pleadings or
documents filed under seal or presented to the court in camera or ex parte, adoptions, and family violence
protective temporary protective orders.
Pursuant to O.C.G.A. § 15-6-11(b)(1) and O.C.G.A. §15-7-5(b)(1) and except as noted above, after
January 1, 2019, the Clerk will not accept paper filings from attorneys. However, any civil pleadings and
documents from attorneys postmarked by December 31, 2018 will be accepted and docketed. Any civil
pleadings and documents from attorneys postmarked after December 31, 2018 shall be returned to the filer.
- Documents must be E-filed in a PDF format via Tyler’s eFileGATM portal.
- Each document should be filed as a separate lead document. Do not combine multiple documents into a single PDF submission. Documents with exhibits should be filed as a single PDF document. Exhibits should not be separated.
- When filing a subsequent document into an already existing civil case, filers must enter the case number exactly. For example, for Superior Court Civil Cases, the format is YRCV##### i.e. 18CV#####, and for State Court Civil Cases, the format is YRSV##### i.e. 18SV#####. If the case number is not entered exactly, the filing will not attach to the correct case.
- Proposed Order(s) should be submitted as separate filings.
- See Top 10 Tips for E-filing with eFileGA
Anytime, Anywhere with Odyssey eFileGA
Odyssey eFileGA delivers electronic filing via a secure web portal for attorneys, self-represented litigants and government agencies. You don’t need any unique software, middleware or hardware — all you need is Internet access and a browser.
Odyssey eFileGA allows users to easily open cases and file documents from a single website to many courts in Georgia, from anywhere – 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Filers may also electronically serve other parties on the case. Users have the ability to modify payments and contact information.
eFileGA benefits include
- Reduced average filing time
- Lowered costs for filing, anytime from any internet-ready computer
- Enhanced reporting and financial reconciliation
- Increased access to file-stamped copies of your court documents